Pages

Thursday 7 November 2013

Fasting and The Body

Fasting is going smoothly, although I have had a craving for some kind of flavour. This isn't a pure fast in that initially I subsist on juices and teas. The next phase I soothe into the flow and allow only water.

I think one of the important aspect of a fast is trust. A trust or surrender completely in the power that has created water, air and sun. Surely it by this very power that the forms of human beings came to be.And so it goes without saying that this same power also has the capacity to nourish and power the human body so that it is operating to the highest standards.

Having said all that, I do like to eat. Especially being an excellent cook. The past few years I've only been eating to live with occasions of living to eat simply because I enjoy flavour.

When I go in Salvia world and have those direct knowings, regarding food and the survival of the body - this is what I receive: The body does not survive directly via external means. Its sustenance is due to whatever sustains the world and as such it is this same force that takes care of the body but due to our conditioned beliefs the body has to adapt in accordance to whatever those beliefs may be.

There is more to fasting, such as meditating, reflecting and contemplation. One thing that I find naturally occurring is simply being with what is present, it is pretty much Krishnamurti's instruction and there is also mention of this in the Shurangama Sutra.

A general theme I have noticed in all the scriptures whether it is by Ramana Maharshi, Buddha or Krishnamurti is to observe what is before you without naming it, without the psychological screening.

I am trying to allow more time for the body movements, which are changing. Last night the head moved differently rather than rotating. It's basically bouncing and a lot of emphasis placed on the left side. There was also inner movements in the left leg which seemed directly connected to the head movement. Some pain present near neck left side, a small ball of pain.

Another new movement has been the head shake, it comes on suddenly and vigorously. Last  night it was not as dramatic and I have a feeling it may be almost done - whatever the shakes purpose is, it's almost complete.


No comments:

Post a Comment