Pages

Saturday 10 July 2010

Salvia Quid Method (buccal)

After smoking some normal (non-concentrated) salvia leaves yesterday I decided that was the last time I will ever smoke anything - hurt my throat and was horrible.

I don't think it was designed to be smoked either. For starters it makes me very jittery, hands start to shake, lips start to quiver. The physical effects aren't very nice even though the phenomenal visuals come about rapidly. The whole rapidness seems to be quite an issue and in comparison to the chewing method that I tried out today for the first time the quality is not really all that.

Today at 9pm brushed teeth, tongue and cheeks for the last time. Rinsed mouth with some corsodyl mouthwash. At 9:25pm picked out some leaves from bag rather meticulously, looking at each leaf, observing shape and sniffing it (of course this part is not required and I made up). I picked out 16 leaves as some of them seemed too small and soaked in bowl of cold water for 15 minutes during which time I held intention for exploring what salvia had to offer via the chewing method and simply relaxed. I also asked for tips on the best way of taking salvia. I gave my thanks to the Source that has made available this wonderful plant. Sudden realization came to me that I was to chew it in the similar manner as paan (betel leaf) is chewed.

CITY LIGHTS JUST WENT OUT AT 12:05am whilst writing this - weird I thought I short circuited my computer.

At 9:45 I drained the leaves and rolled layers of leaves into 4 balls and started chewing the first. The taste was awful and I was starting to rethink the entire ritual. My plan while chewing was to focus on breathing and only think about about my intentions but I couldn't - that vile taste was about the only thing I could wrap my mind around. It was so horribly bitter and I even apologized to the plant that I had such distaste for it.

By some miracle I got through to the second ball felt a little different and by the third the taste became tolerable especially once the effects became more pronounced. At 10:10pm on the fourth ball I knew that I got exactly the necessary dose. I quickly spat out the chewed remains of this last ball and rested on my back, eyes closed. To my right and to my left a spectacular visual of pillars and wall surfaces were forming. I was feeling a presence in this shift, this presence was in every part of the visuals unfolding. They were such that I can't describe what they looked like but can certainly say I felt them. As I was going deeper I felt and according to my visuals it seemed I was being folded or wraped and simply being carried. There was warmth and an amazing amount of acknowledgement on my part of whom I was dealing with. I felt so comfortable, there was no need for fear. I kept feeling that I was fine and emotionally I was saying that I was okay with going away, that I am willing to be taken to wherever this presence was drawing me to. I was looking forward to it.

Then there was a sound, running tap water. I kept thinking about this sound and how even the spell that I was under there was no doubt that it was the tap in the toilet. I knew I could ignore it or even use the sound to my advantage and flow away. And there I am caught between two realities in one reality the running water is getting louder and to make it even worse I could hear the sound of R's annoying voice yelling on the phone(which is her usual way of talking) and then there was that other reality in which I was ready, prepared to get sucked into. Strangely enough the presence that I felt started giving the expression of 'Uh oh' as if they knew the sound was drawing me back to my physical reality and that the salvia effects will wear off. I got up for a bit slightly agitated but determined to go deeper since I when I opened my eyes the physically reality was still warped out of shape - I was still good to go. So put my head back to the pillow and try to wonder back into this other comfortable unknown place. Unfortunately there was no way of ignoring my sisters absolutely annoying loud irritating voice. I think the energy, presence around me got the picture and then it started to feel like I was being reassembled somehow but I also got the feeling that I was being peeled and then wrapped.

By 10:30pm I got out of the Salvia state utterly pissed at my sister, she's going home on Friday and that is the only thought that kept me grounded.

I tried to just fall asleep and despite feeling a bit drunk yet coherent I knew sleep would take time to take over. So groggily I fixed up a quick meal making up for my skipped dinner, stuffed myself I think mostly coz I was just depressed because my sister managed to ruin everything.

The setting was actually perfect, low noise, dim lighting and very clear intentions only problem was the loud voice that belonged to my sis which I did not anticipate.

I consider today's ritual a success but only partial due to annoying unforeseeable distractions. I'm glad that it worked via this method coz I absolutely hated smoking. I felt the chewing process allowed a deeper and sustainable connection, there was a comfortable rhythm and a more meaningful relationship to the plant. I will definitely be using this plant again and honestly I'm pretty amazed that it worked via chewing since I was predisposed to think it would not work quite as effectively as the smoking. Actually I am just astounded at how effective and refreshing this has been. I am also very glad that so far I have been able to maintain a good level of physical control both via smoking and buccal method.

It seems that though there are a lot of posts and articles advocating that smoking will get you out a lot faster than chewing leaves I think that the chewing method is highly effective and it is more gentle than smoking. In fact smoking is quite harsh, at least for me.

Mind you, I am still somewhat dazed - Salvia is still in my system.

No comments:

Post a Comment