Pages

Wednesday 14 December 2016

Tryptophan and inducing levels of melatonin

Last night I knew sleeping was going to be tough, so I've been researching about tryptophan and how to use it.

Tryptophan is found in some poultry such as turkey and chicken, however the amounts are very minimal. To produce immediate effects a supplement may be required.

Tryptophan needs to be converted into 5-htp and then into serotonin. The body needs enough serotonin in order to convert into melatonin at night and other factors are important for melatonin to be produced such as eliminating all light sources.

I realized I had some 5-htp 100mg. I had two capsules with water on empty stomach which is apparently not a good idea.

I slept ok - did wake up several times but this is because of needing to empty bladder. I woke up at one point and took my niacin, vitamin b and l-theanine concoction to further aid sleep. It helped me to relax but again needed to empty bladder - I'm going to experiment by drinking only until 4pm to resolve this issue.

When going back to bed I did have an experience which I will write about in next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment