Pages

Wednesday 6 January 2010

Dreams of Healing, Issues

As I've mentioned before dreams are shifting, some causing an emotional release, some illuminating issues I probably have to deal with.

Waterworks
I had a particular dream in which there was a lot of waterworks. The dream was so vivid, colors were intense and bright. The room is brightly lit - almost like a golden glow emanating everywhere I look. I find a futuristic looking camera and play around with it for a bit - it's a very neat device and looks like a mechanical starfish. I look around me there are others present but I don't focus on them. At one end of the room there is a large table set up covered in a cream cloth, sat on the table is a gigantic framed photo of a young woman with a very beautiful smile. I looked away and focused more on the environment. We're at a memorial service, the girl in the photo has passed away. I take another look at her, she is very pretty. There is a glow coming out of the picture. I am suddenly aware that somehow I am related to this person.

I am overwhelmed by a deep sadness I've never felt in waking life. To be honest I've never felt grief from anyone passing away though the people I know who have passed away I've never been too close with. This grief that I was in the process of was part of a deeper loss. The tears flowed out without control. I don't cry in front of other people which has always been a rule for me. This is so profound I don't even bother to wipe the tears. There are others next to me, I don't notice anyone as hysterical as me. I ask almost speaking to myself 'How did she die?' The response is she was raped and then murdered. I ask about her culprit and learn that he's serving life sentence in prison. There is no change in my emotional output, I'm grieving, there's no room for anger. I continue to cry gallons of tears.

Scream
In another dream I'm walking down a long stairway, I scream. There is a boy I knew from primary school who is astounded at my loud scream. I'm surprised that he calls that loud, so I scream louder revealing my capacity to scream. I walk away and outside I'm in my old town, outside the flat I lived for most of my childhood. Things are different, there's a blue pub right next to the flat. Opposite my block is another block of flats that has changed drastically. There is a row of market stalls and shops that in reality never existed during my time there. At the top from a balcony a woman is screaming out for the people gathered below to shut up. I'm hiding under a stall for reasons unknown. I hear a man speaking. He's annoyed by the annoyed woman, he is saying that people come for last minute shopping to get their party gears and have some fun. He's trying to understand her anger at everyone.

Compliments
I'm in a shopping department, there is a friend nearby. She walks up to me and looks into my eyes with piercing intensity. She then says "Do you know how special you are? You are so unique and special. Do you even know how amazing you are?" I'm baffled and ask why she thinks I'm so special. Somehow I feel threatened by all these compliments and as I take a walk down memory lane there was one point in my childhood where I was bullied by a gang of 15 girls for the very fact that my teacher would continuously compliment me and unfortunately make a lot of comparisons unknowingly creating dangerous consequences for me. This is probably why I have never really genuinely appreciated compliments.

Freak Weather
I'm inside a mansion looking through a large window. Outside there's a snow storm. I look up in the sky where there is a helicopter losing control and plummeting to the ground. There is a spark of lighting that momentarily flashes and continues for a bit. I'm viewing the weather forecast for the next several days. The next two days there is a symbol for this lighting spark of a brilliant white light. On the third day the entire sky will be filled and emanating a brilliant white light. The image suddenly disappears and I'm left staring out the window. I see a few people struggling looking for shelter from the storm. There are a few elderly people who are in much need of help. As I move out I hear someone next to me, a relative telling me that I can't bring these people in. I protest but don't argue for long and head for the door. Upon opening the door everyone storms in.

The scene changes and we are all gathered in a massive room where our purpose is to discuss the subsequent events of days to come. A woman is seated to my right and immediately as I sit down this person is annoyed at the distance between our chairs. She tells me rather rudely to move away a bit more. I comply, but still she gets very rude and tells me that I have to be at least 5cm away. I look down as she tries to show me how much 5cm is with her hands. I simply ignore her as I am fully aware that I am sitting at a greater distance. Then the same person is instructing everyone to take their coat and scarf off. Nobody is listening to her as they are busy absorbed in their conversations. She then signals at me to do something about this. I tell everyone to take their coat and scarf off at which point there is an echoing silence and everyone is following my instructions. It is at this point where my waking consciousness is awake - but I don't think (while I'm there) that I'm dreaming in fact, I'm suddenly a little disoriented and trying to remember how I got there. I realize I haven't taken my own coat off and begin to remove it. End of recall

No comments:

Post a Comment