Pages

Sunday 23 July 2017

Synchronicity Day

"Synchronicity (German: Synchronizität) is a concept, first introduced by analytical psychologist Carl Jung, which holds that events are "meaningful coincidences" if they occur with no causal relationship yet seem to be meaningfully related."
I have not been all that aware of synchronicities for quite some time now except for today which was quite hard to miss. First only the other day I was reading through a newspaper and ended up in the astrology section where the following was applied to my star sign:

"Interaction and involvement with key others could enrich your life over coming weeks. The deepening of an association could be the beginning of a creative collaboration that proves very fruitful."

I very rarely read my horoscope but keeping an eye out for this.

I picked up a second hand book on Better Sight Without Glasses by Harry Benjamin. When I first picked up the book which was in a fair condition I thought I would only pay 50 pence for it. The book had caught my attention because it was about health, a topic I am interested in as much as I am in altered states of mind. The man working the stall asked for a pound. I pondered if I should buy it and asked the energy where my head nodded in the affirmative. I was almost ready to pay when approached by another gentleman striking a conversation with me.

For the longest time we were talking about stem cell and other health related topics. I'm not well versed in stem cell but my understanding now is that the idea is to inject cells which replaced damaged cells and causes a healing. There was also mention of Jesus and how he was able to heal people and all of what he was able to do may suggest all or most diseases have psychosomatic factors. He truly believed that all illnesses could be healed psychologically. 

But it is important to understand the actual causes of these diseased states and personally I feel there is more environmental causes than any other cause contributing to these illnesses. Our food is not of the highest quality (pesticide, gmo, agriculture damaging soil etc), our brains do not get enough oxygen due to urban living (think of all the deforestation), the majority of people live incredibly stressful lifestyles.

Synchronicity 1: He told me about his daughter a practicing doctor now wishing to get into Nueroscience a branch of science that has piqued my interest recently.

Synchronicity 2: Something has happened to my right eye since recent Salvia experiences, for this reason the book on eye sight has come at a convenient time. Maybe I really should practice the techniques in the book. I have already tried the palming and it was very relaxing, felt like I could meditate like this.

Synchronicity 3: He tells me about the history of transgenders something that I believe is occurring due to some kind of biological mutation and is increasing and will continue to do so at a rapid rate. We parted ways and I knew then he was a devout Christian when he said "God bless". When I was ready to purchase the second hand book another worker at the stall decided to charge me 50p. I got home and eventually began scanning through the book. 

I'm not sure how I knew this but deep down before I started reading I was sure that somehow this book was connected to the conversation I had with the man I met earlier even though it seemed unrelated. I didn't think much of this and eventually I decided to try one of the exercise from the book known as palming but the picture to illustrate the method was missing. 

I turned to google and did a search on Harry Benjamin, the author of the book "Better Sight Without Glasses". Google brought up results on a different Harry Benjamin. I clicked on wiki link on this other Harry Benjamin. This other Harry Benjamin just happens to be a German-American endocrinologist and sexologist, widely known for his clinical work with transsexualism. The connection that I was trying to make between the book and my earlier conversation was found without me intentionally looking for it.

I think reality consists of these synchronicities but we may not be aware or make the connection, however I'm sure connections can be made on a daily moment by moment basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment